Friday 1 March 2013


Autumn is here.....
Hi Vintage Lovers,

I just love Autumn, it is my favourite season. The weather is cooler (thank goodness) and the leaves start falling which is just beautiful. I can't wait for scarves and boots, hot chocolate and baking, fires and falling asleep to the sound of rain..........I can't think of anything better.



The garden looks happier and seems to sigh with relief when autumn comes around and I feel like being out in the garden getting my hands dirty again.

I love gardening, and can't wait to start the garden at our new old house. Only six weeks to go.......before she is ours!  I have already started thinking of some ideas for her garden. She does need some work (I like a good challenge) and am planning to re-work the existing front garden to put more traditional plants in with hedges around the borders.

I love my traditional English gardens with symmetry and hedges. I would love to travel to Britain and Europe to see all the beautiful gardens over there.  One day, it's on my bucket list!

My all time favourite plants are roses, aggies, clivias  and hydrangeas to name a few. I can't get enough of them and want the garden full of them.




I am also quite partial to weeping trees and maples and think every garden needs them to make it complete.

I can't wait to get started. I have so many ideas and thoughts on our old house and her garden buzzing around in my head right now. It's hard to think straight! Only six weeks to go........sigh.

What are your favourite garden and garden designs?

Thanks for popping in, have a great weekend.

Mel



No comments:

Post a Comment