Monday 17 February 2014


A Welcome Change & a Sneak Peek......
Hi Vintage Lovers,
 
We have had a very welcome change in the weather here. We have gone from extreme heat to rain and flooding late last week. Maybe we might have seen the end of summer....I certainly hope so. I am not a summer person (to be honest). I seem to get so much more done in the cooler months. The garden is looking so much happier after the rain...........it has been so dry over the summer period.  Our sunflowers that we planted along the shed and entertaining area have all flowered  in the last week and look fantastic. 

 
I have started thinking and planning for planting in the garden come Autumn. Our first job (over the next few months) will be to establish hedges around the borders of our Old Lady, so we have started preparing the areas for planting.

I thought I would give you a sneak peak at a couple of projects (it will be a few weeks before we are finished them) we have been working on........
 

 ..........a new lock for the front door that matches the original door lock with the large old door key (which I am smitten over)........


........... and an old 1950's Kelvinator fridge (that we bought for $40) that we are in the middle of re-painting and re-storing.
I can't wait to have her in the kitchen.
 
Have a fabulous week.
Mel xx

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the fridge restored! I am sure you guys will do a great job. Dawn x

    ReplyDelete