Wednesday 5 March 2014

Remaining Loyal to Vintage...
Hi Vintage Lovers,
Now I have never been a tech person and never will be.
 I use them because I have to...that's it. Plain and simple.
 
My Poor Shattered Phone
 
I have had this phone about six months and it has taken me that long just to be able to happily use it without our 12 year old daughter helping me every two seconds, slight exaggeration but you get my drift. I am very well known for sending blank text messages (multiple ones at that), making phone calls when I don't mean to, and all sorts of other strange things.

To be fair, I haven't been that nice to the phone either. Not on purpose by any means, but I am rather clumsy and this poor phone is dropped on a daily basis off all sorts of heights and onto all sorts of surfaces and even into a toilet one day !!!!!!
But last week I dropped it and the screen cracked, and it is a rather a decent crack at that!!!

Even still, I did think the phone would last longer than it has.
They don't make things the way they used to........do they?????

Everyone has said to me "Get a new phone! Get a new phone! Get a new phone!"
But my phone still works (I would rather spend the money on something vintage anyway) and if I get a new phone it will take me another six months to get used to that one !!!!!
So, I am sticking with this one until it dies completely, which may not be that long away considering that they don't make them to last all that long!!!!!

In hindsight (what a wonderful thing that is) I really needed to stick with a "dumb phone" as the kids have nicknamed them, rather than a smart phone. One that you can just use for talking and texting, which I will be investing in next time.

So, I am remaining loyal to Vintage this week because "they just don't make them like they used to".
Mel xx

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment